10th ShehrAllah 1441 H
Todays’ bayan focused on Surat Quresh which is also known as Surat Ilaaf
Syedna Idris Imaduddin RA writes that Rasul Allah’s SA respected grandfather Maulana Hashim AS brought together the various Arab tribes and travelled with them to Sham (Syria) and Yemen. This act of bringing them together is known as ilaaf.
Quresh (the tribe) were traders, but their businesses were limited to Makkah. Maulana Hashim AS travelled to Sham, and upon seeing him and observing his character the king was filled with awe and respect, and treated him with great honour. Maulana Hashim AS told him that my people, the Arabs, are traders. If you feel appropriate grant them a declaration that secures their passage so that they may bring goods from Makkah to trade over here and take items from here back to Makkah. The king agreed. Maulana Hashim AS took the document, and told all the tribes he passed on the way back to Makkah that if you have any wares which you would like to sell in the markets of Sham then give them to Quresh, they will sell them on your behalf and give you the profits. This pact led to Arab trade prospering greatly. Quresh travelled twice a year, during winter to Yemen and in the summer to Sham.
Maulana Hashim’s AS actions reveal the importance of being business-minded, planning, identifying markets, adhering to fair, honest business practices and the need to benefit society at large.
Two ayats in the Quran contain all the alphabets – Alif to Yaa:
- Surt Aale Imran, 154th ayat
- Surat Fath, last ayat
Today’s bayan focused on the efforts undertaken by Awliya Allah AS to protect the generations of Mumineen. Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin’s RA and today, Syedna Aali Qadr Mufaddal Saifuddin’s TUS dua mubarak is that may our children come meet us in jannat, and not lose their way.
The Quran states that Rasul Allah SA is from you, whatever distresses you pains him, he shows compassion and kindness to you. Syedna Burhanuddin RA repeatedly read a bayan mubarak of Syedna Taher Saifuddin RA in which he stated if you raise your hands upon your children, I will take it as if you have hit my child.
Today, Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin TUS protects generations of Mumineen through:
- Hifz al-Quran: Allah states ‘that we have revealed the Quran and we protect it’. Therefore the one who has done hifz of the Quran comes under this divine protection.
- Noha Aweel: Khaki Shifaa placed in our luggage protects it from being misplaced, and if so ensures that it is returned to us. In our hearts we have placed the mohabbat of Awliya Allah AS and the grief of Imam Husain AS ensuring the protection of our souls and those of our children through Imam Husain’s AS zikr.
- Gathering children in majlis and seating them close to him. The names of those attending majlis are written by malaikat and receive their protection.
- Recitation of Imam Husain’s AS shahadat. It is because of this shahadat that Islam thrives today. Thus having our children recite the shahadat protects Islam and imaan in our descendants.
- Faid Mawaid Burhaniyyah: the 49th Dai Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin RA would himself bend down and pick up any grain he would see on the ground. Faid Mawaid Burhaniyya contains the blessings of the 52nd Dai, Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin’s RA blessed name and partaking in it ensures that not even a single Mumin is ever lost.
Awliya Allah AS have strived to create education institutes that allow our children to benefit from all forms and fields of knowledge, but within the safety and confines of our environment. Today thousands of children of Mumineen attend Aljamea-tus-Saifiyah, Madrasa Saifiyya Burhaniyya and other imani madaris and in the enclosure of a Fatimi environment derive the best of both worlds.
In 1427, during a ziyafat by the students of MSB, Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin RA stated that the environment of iman, mohabbat and Ilm Aale Mohammed AS in these schools is like a tawiz for its students.
For years and years, Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin TUS convinced Mumineen all over the world to attend Ashara Mubaraka with Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin RA. He brought them in to the enclosure of Aale Mohammed AS and by doing so they were showered with the barakat of Maula’s words, nazar, deedar and most importantly the moment of the final sajda on the day of Ashura, protecting them and their children for generations to come.
Plants require watering in the initial stages, until they become strong and firmly rooted. In the same manner, Awliya Allah AS show great love and care towards the children of Mumineen. Children would come for the deedar of the 47th Dai, Syedna Abdulqadir Najmuddin RA. Having done deedar once they would proceed further along Syedna’s RA route and stand there for deedar once again. Those in Syedna’s services would seek to disperse them. Syedna RA would ask them to refrain from doing so saying, ‘leave them for they are our future’.
Syedna Taher Saifuddin RA stated that one Mumin would bring his child before me and explain: I am your father and the one seated before us is your grandfather.
In Karbala, Imam Husain’s AS dua mubarak was for generations of Mumineen, and this dua has reached Syedna Aali Qadr Mufaddal Saifuddin TUS who prays that may Imam Husain’s AS grief and bukaa remain in our descendants for 70 generations.